Postings by Guest ID 936786

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Laws & Legislation > Stop high school cat dissection in Denver, Colorado
Kashi

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 4:40pm PST 
Signed! What kind of sick %&#$* do they have in charge of animal rights in Denver anyway?!!! Breed bans and taking apart cats in high school...remind me to never even visit there. shock
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Apr 14 4:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Cat so stressed he had a seizure?
Kashi

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 4:31pm PST 
I don't know if it reassures you any but our cat Mr. Foot has had seizures his whole life. As a kitten one of his littermates had the same issue only she would twitch when she was woken up.
Like your cat he's been checked by the vet several times and is totally healthy...the size of a medium terrier, well muscled and about seven years old now. But through the day he'll lay back suddenly and for a few minutes his head and paws will twitch and he'll be glassy eyed.
Then all of a sudden he shakes his head like "What? Hey what was that all about?" and goes back to whatever he was doing.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Apr 14 4:31 pm

Cat Health > Update on Chii...Happy News

Kashi

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '14 9:42am PST 
I posted awhile ago about Chii our elderly Munchkin. She was scratched or bitten by one of the other cats and the wound became infected.
The thing that was ghastly was that the infection site and fur n' skin loss went from the edge of inside her ear, down past the edge of one eye and down to her cheek.
We dubbed her "The Phantom of the Opera" for awhile there. But I was sad and scared too. She's one of the oldest kitties and infection can kill. But I took care of it around the clock. Trimming away dead fur and skin and keeping the area clean.
I've noticed with the cats we've had that all but the most feral will often cooperate with you if it's something serious. I feel they know you're trying to make them better.
The long and the short of it...she's healing beautifully now. She can lift her ear and open her eye fully again. The fur on the edges is already growing back in. Even the skin over where it was the worst is healthy pink with the beginnings of new fur growth.
We've been blessed, she's gonna be okaysnoopyhappy dancesnoopyhappy dancehail
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, Apr 11 9:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Alpha Kitties

Kashi

Purred: Sat Mar 29, '14 5:05pm PST 
Just find it amusing how cats establish a pecking order. We have seven cats ranging in age from about two years to about ten years plus. The leader used to be dear Kashi.
He was male and medium sized but all the cats respected him. He got the food dish first and decided where he was going to sleep. It was like the Godfather. If another cat wanted to share a bowl or sleep besides him they would carefully groom him and maybe he would allow them to.
When Kashi died the others seemed confused as to the head cat, his son Delilah was flighty and Sushi was a kitten in a terrier sized body. Then Delilah passed shortly thereafter. The new cat in charge? Stumpy is a Manx female. Even from kittenhood she had no playmates being rough like she is.
It's funny to watch a confrontation between her and the male cats. She stares them down. If that doesn't work all it takes is a Stumpy sized hiss and the other cat falls back on it's butt to get away.
Stumpy is charming with people...Queen Cat I guess.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 29 5:05 pm

Cat Health > Infected Bite

Kashi

Purred: Thu Mar 27, '14 8:51pm PST 
Thank you Moose, now we're to the sloughing stage. I'm trimming what is loose enough not to cause her pain. Exactly the phantom of the opera, poor thing. Think it's far enough though that any day the matting will fall off and her fur will begin to come back.
For anyone else who goes through it, better to take them to the vet rather than treat it yourself. Of course sometimes that doesn't work much better. We had a cat one time, a kick butt tom who got an bite in his chest. The vet emptied it and stitched in a drain. Warrior kitsie ripped it out with his claws...owwwww, hurts to think about.
Back to the vet, more stitches, new drain and protective collar...ripped collar off and drain out and...thankfully it did heal on it's own eventually. That cat went on to live another ten plus years. Roland was some cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 27 8:51 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Why Do People Go To Breeders?
Kashi

Purred: Sun Mar 23, '14 5:39pm PST 
I suppose some people just want what they want. I'll spend quite a bit on a good fragrance but think it's silly to own a purse that costs a couple thousand. Everybody is different.

My Mom had a purebred Blue point Siamese. She didn't show Juliet but that cat lived with all the creature comforts into old age. Beautiful cat I'll admit. Then there was a friend enchanted by Ragdolls.

They finally got two from a breeder. They still have them and love them dearly, and paid dearly for them...but they are also on their 3rd couch. These lovely kits use the couch as a litterbox.

My cats have always been alley cats of one sort or another. Both dogs from high kill shelters. I personally feel better spending money on a bottle of Chanel and giving homes to critters who need me, not from breeders.

But to each their own...another thing to bear in mind, especially with cats. If you go to a big shelter cat room you can usually find cats and kittens that look pure breed even if they have no papers.

Something to consider if you don't plan to show or breed them anyway.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Mar 28 2:16 am

Cat Health > Infected Bite

Kashi

Purred: Sun Mar 23, '14 5:27pm PST 
Followup-
Chii's doing fine, a fur mat that makes her look like the Phantom of the Opera at the moment...ewwwwwww but the infection is gone. She just has to heal now. Continuing to trim back her fur. So glad she's back to herself...old, grumpy eating machine...yet cuddly when she chooseskitty
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 27 8:51 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > The pros and cons of a persian cat

Kashi

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '14 5:59pm PST 
I had Loretta, a beautiful gray Persian and a long hair tortoise shell, both many years ago. If I could have knitted the shed fur between them...blankets for the whole tri-state!
Other problem was the litter box. Raccoon tails pick up litter and poop. I found the answer in trimming their under tail fur as short as possible. Beautiful cats but high maintenance...
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 19 4:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Claws and bites

Kashi

Purred: Mon Mar 17, '14 1:45pm PST 
One thing too is to not let anyone use hands to tease...even playing "spider" with your hand gives the idea that you can use claws on hands. Then some cats are more fierce playing than others. Stumpy enjoys leaping at a heavy jacket sleeve like an attack dog...a manx attack dog?laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Colonel Mustard, Mar 19 6:38 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Introducing new kitten to older cat, wanting both to be happy and comfortable!
Kashi

Purred: Sun Mar 16, '14 7:19pm PST 
I go with the above that two kittens would be a nifty idea really. Your older cat is not going to be pleased in any case. But unlike dogs being introduced, cats will work it out eventually. The kittens will be best buds and the older cat will sleep in it's favorite place most of the day anyways. No fuss no muss.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kashi, Mar 16 7:19 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.