Postings by Guest ID 1140332

GO!

Choosing the Right Cat > Hi I'm new :)

Purred: Tue Dec 11, '12 8:40am PST 
Hello again smile

Thank you so much for all the replies. Wow! Everyone is so friendly around here.

Have been doing more research, there is a cat shelter near us, so eventually one day we can go there and have a look. I'm talking a while away yet though but it doesn't hurt to do research. Have been looking some more and have found out about the Selkirk Rex and some other breeds as well.

Also, after chatting to my boyfriend, he says he doesn't know what breed of cat his was when he was a child. I wonder if anyone can help identify? He says he was a small, quite slim male grey tabby cat, he was quite quiet and only meowed for food, he didn't like going outside. He was grey/black tabby and he had a white spot on his head, and some white on his neck going down to his belly and his legs.

Has anyone any ideas what he might have been?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 8:40 am

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '12 12:16pm PST 
smile

Also, what breeds DON'T like climbing to high places and are more floor cats? And which are better lap cats?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 8:40 am

Purred: Sun Nov 18, '12 1:17pm PST 
Thank you smile

I seem to like tabby cats, but i've been researching into the different breeds. I love ragdolls so far, they seem ideal for me, quiet, affectionate and docile and that they are low level as well.

what other cats are friendly and low level? I also like the look of tiffanie cats as well.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 8:40 am

Purred: Wed Nov 14, '12 8:19am PST 
Hi smile

Thanks for the replies. I have thought of this before, I think its a great idea getting a rescue cat or kitten, as the shelter will know the cats and their personalities. Hopefully something me and my boyfriend will do when we eventually get our own place.

My boyfriend loves cats and had a very sweet tabby boy cat when he was a child and he misses having a cat. I am a complete cat novice and a bit scared lol. But other peoples cats tend to like me, the one's i've seen, they tend to come right up, hop up onto my knee and purr away at me. lol
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 8:40 am

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '12 12:37pm PST 
Hi,

I'm new around here. I quite often browse catster and love looking up all the different breeds. It gets me thinking though, I've never had a cat before, maybe when I leave home as boyfriend is a cat lover.

Which cat breeds would be suitable for me? I've not had much to do with cats growing up, so gentle, affectionate quiet docile small types. But I thought I'd ask your expert advice!!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Dec 11 8:40 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.