GO!

Meow About the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 4:55pm PST 
that's not fair...you are still purchasing it. ai would check into that, maybe call Target customer service. I just took a HUGE packed bag out. The Dad scooped for me, and he PACKED that thing! No smell..and let me tell you there was alot of poopies! Overall, I am happy with the Genie. I would really like to see the bags be biodegradable for those of us that use biodegradable litter. It kind of defeats the purpose then ya know? I want to say a huge "thank you" to the powers that be for this great opportunity. cheer
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 9:51am PST 
So I am thinking of buying one of these. I only have Hunter so I don't know if its really worth it. Then again, if I buy it at Target with the $10 off coupon. I'll be paying $4.95 for it. I guess I can't go wrong with that! laugh out loud I'm thinking with this I'll be more apt to actually cleaning out his box. I have a very bad habit of forgetting about it.

Now where would I put it? I have a spot for it, but its across the room from where his box is. I read that it does have a handle, so I could carry it across the room to his box, right?

Going to Target after work. I'll check it out. Its gotten great reviews everywhere. Here goes nothing...
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 10:29am PST 
I doubt anyone will read this before I purchase one. But I was just wondering what the difference between the Litter Genie and the Litter Genie Plus? Is there a difference? If so, what is it? I see the posters on Catster got the Plus, however my local Target just has the regular Litter Genie...
[notify]

Earl Grey

I love my mommy- Cree!

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '12 6:11pm PST 
I don't know of any difference. I think there's only one type... but I could be mistaken. Either way, congrats on your new genie!
[notify]

Shade

If your lap is- available, I'll- be there!

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '12 9:50pm PST 
I definately want to get another Litter Genie for the basement. I really like the one I have in the bathroom. With 4 cats I used to scoop the bathroom litter box twice a day, scooping the soiled stuff in a plastic baggie and take it down to the basement, scoop the 2 boxes I have there, then into a garbage bag that is inside a kitchen-sized garbage can and close it tightly until it was full enough to carry to the garbage can outside. All those plastic bags cost at least as much as the Genie refills and the convenience of having the Genie in the bathroom without any smells outweighs its cost.

Fortunately for me, the Genie fits right next to the litter box.

Edited by author Tue Dec 18, '12 9:53pm PST

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Wed Dec 19, '12 4:50am PST 
Well today is day 2 with the litter genie. I must be a little slow in the evening because it took me a few minutes to figure out how to install the bag. Oh and trying to take the bag out of the ring the first time?? Where is the end?!?! I had to cut off about a foot of bag because I pulled out too much. Even now there is way too much bag in the genie itself, but I wasn't going to waste it. Anyway I have to say the first day I was disappointed. I scooped his box yesterday and he peed. Not a problem. Opened the litter genie and put it in. Pulled out the lever and down it went. Then Hunter, oh lovely Hunter, decided he needed to go back in his box about 20 minutes later to poop. Again I scooped it out (Normally I don't scoop right after he goes, I just happen to be there) I opened the litter genie and put his waste in. I pulled the lever but nothing happened. Its like his poop didn't weigh enough to go down. So I had to shake the litter genie a bit.

This is where I was a bit disappointed. Last night I came home from work and scooped his box. I opened the litter genie and it smelled like my nieces diapers. I thought it was supposed to control the odor?? The room its in, didn't smell at all. I don't know, that just threw me off. Anyway, I scooped his box this morning before I left for work. Opened the litter genie and no smell at all. Weird. So I'm going to give it a week and see how it goes.

Only problem, I still don't have a permanent place to put it. I have to bring it to the litter box. :/
[notify]

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 8:38am PST 
I have five cats and would *love* to test out the Litter Genie! How can I get involved in the program?
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Sat Dec 22, '12 12:46pm PST 
Well, fellow testers, Mom does have a complaint now. This last time when she filled up the Genie, she opened the bottom to cut the bag and tie it off and -- there was no bag! What???? It seems that that the plastic she had pulled out of the holder was the last little bit, but there was nothing that told her so - no marking, no warning, nothing. She thought everything was hunky dory. But the weight of all that waste material evidently pulled the end of the plastic right out of the holder, and the ensuing waste buried the plastic! So the whole compartment was filled up without a bag to hold it. UCKY! She had to dump it all into a litter box and scoop it into plastic grocery bags. That is uncool, Genie people.
[notify]

Earl Grey

I love my mommy- Cree!

Purred: Mon Dec 31, '12 1:59pm PST 
Monster, sorry to hear about your bad experience. Eep! I'm happy to say that has NOT happened to me. At this point, I think it's safe to say I'm addicted to the Litter Genie. Love the convenience and absence of the smell!
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 2:56pm PST 
I almost missed the end of bags line too. It is just a marker line the length of the bag, and it is not very visible. I think if they did a line going around the circumference it would be better.
[notify]

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8