GO!

Meow About the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with cats. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Hambone

SF Hammer

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 4:37pm PST 
Select members of the Catster Community have been invited to review the Litter Genie Cat Litter Disposal System.

Participating Community members received a free Litter Genie, delivered to their homes, and have been asked to use the product and provide feedback about it on Catster, in this Forum and in their Catster Diaries.

This is a great opportunity to engage a pet-product company, provide feedback about the product, and introduce other members of the Catster Community to the Litter Genie!

Welcome Litter Genie Community product reviewers!

I would also like to invite anyone who a Litter Genie, or is interested in trying one to participate in this discussion!

kitty

Edwina- (Angel Eddy)- DG#1

Big Paw

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 5:46pm PST 
wave Hambone and fellow catster's cheer I'm Eddy and I get to try the Litter Genie cheer It is a very good invention, a real time saver. Here are the pictures mommy took;
The Litter Genie Has Arrived
and
How it was Packed
and
Without the packing paper
sitting Up in the box
another View
now Opened
with the Cartridge
and all Ready
We are a family of 9 cats and 5 litter boxes. So mommy put all the waste from the 5 boxes in The Litter Genie to test it. It got heavy after 4 days, with 9 cats so she's changing it(the bag) on Sunday's and Wednesdays. It is a great product! There is no smell coming from it at all. You pull out some of the bag from the cartridge and tie a knot in it, place it on the rim and close the top. There is even a pooper scooper and holder that attaches to the Genie. It is something that mommy wanted to try to see if it really worked and it really does! It makes litter box duty much easier and even less time consuming. Hey HQ, send me another one, Hint, Hint! MOL! This is such a COOL invention!!
hi5
[notify]

Shade

If your lap is- available, I'll- be there!

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 10:30pm PST 
Wow, Eddy! You took pictures! Well, ours arrived the same way, all packed up. I've been using the Litter Genie for over a week and I like it very much. way to go There is no odor and it is very convenient to have it next to the litter box and be able to scoop the waste several times a day.

We are a 4-cat household.

Slyvy

I will rule the- world right- after a nap

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '12 7:02am PST 
cat on moonFirst impressionscat on moon

Ok, it's a cardboard box. Well, even if it doesn't work Slyvy will have a new toy. The packaging seems secure, it wasn't damaged so it did it's job. It also wasn't messy, I was expecting packing peanuts. The brown paper was a pleasant surprise.

It's easy enough to put together. I did puzzle for a few seconds as to how the scoop holder attached but didn't need to consult the directions. Most of the assembly is intuitive. I did read the directions just to be safe but it all went smooth.

The only thing I struggled with was the bag. It went in easily enough but I somehow managed to pull the top and the bottom out at once, so the bag was doubled. It was fixed easily by folding the second section of bag over and securing it but still was annoying. It would have been nice if there was a small section of bag attached to the pull out ring. That way only one half of the bag comes out.

I'm actually excited to try this product. Currently my scoop just sits in a plastic bag on the floor, which I hate. I always feel I can never clean the floor enough around that area so I like the scoop being held up off the floor.

Having the bag, scoop and holder in one compact thing seems very convenient. My first impressions are that this is a well designed product and will make my life much more convenient. If I had purchased it, I would be satisfied with it thus far.
[notify]

Edwina- (Angel Eddy)- DG#1

Big Paw

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:02am PST 
wavewavewavewave We love The Litter Genie hi5 Mommy used to use plastic bag's and as soon as the boxes were cleaned another cat comes along and refills the box MOL laugh out loud The Genie is so cool! No matter what the weather or time of day or evening, you don't have to run out to the garbage can relieved It cut's down on the clean up time because of not running to the garbage. happy dance
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:46am PST 
HI All! I want to first say Thank You for the opportunity - I was very excited! Came packed nicely. Felix especially enjoyed the box & crackly paper for several days. I had to re-read the directions, but once you look at the insert - it makes sense. I like that it is rather compact, does not take up alot of room. With 4 kitties, this is gonna get a work out! The only complaint I would have, and it is not really a complaint against the Litter Genie, is that I have 5 boxes, scattered in several places, so I have to carry the Genie with me to clean them all. After this review, if all goes well, I may consider getting another one or two so I would not have to do that. I will write in more detail in Tigger's diary today - I am not sure how to link it, if someone can tell me how.red face
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '12 9:45am PST 
My Litter Genie was one of the last to be delivered. Box was undamaged; I like that it was packed with paper rather than with those annoying, nonrecyclable peanuts. The directions gave me fits. The pictures were way too small and the instructions just didn't make sense to me at first. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out what goes where and why and hhow to pull the bag out and all that.
[notify]

Slyvy

I will rule the- world right- after a nap

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '12 10:12am PST 
Really? I thought the only confusing bit about the directions was the bag. Then again, I'm the daughter of a master carpenter so building things is kinda in my blood.
[notify]

Hambone

SF Hammer

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '12 11:35am PST 
MOL, I LOVE that most of the cats found the box and packaging fun to play with! Does anyone have photos of their cats with the packaging?

big laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

Monster, good point about the paper packaging, rather than the nonrecyclable peanuts! way to go

Edited by author Tue Nov 27, '12 11:38am PST

Brownie

I'm the Alpha- cat!

Purred: Tue Nov 27, '12 12:27pm PST 
We really needed one of these in our tiny bathroom. It was like Christmas for me. I got the package quick. It was package well. I too agree with Monster on the instructions. I have installed garbage disposals, thermostat, car batteries, and made cat furniture. So I have no problem putting things together. Bigger pictures & white paper would have been better for the instructions for me.

Monster, I hate the peanuts too. But they are recycleable. I recycle mine at the UPS store. They freely take them and resell them to someone else.

I have posts in my cat diary about all the tiny details, from how I love the shipping box to way to pick up the unit without opening the bottom half by accident. I'm not good about posting the link, so click on Brownie's picture & scroll down for both of my Litter Genie posts.

PS, I'm breaking the rules but I have to say go to www.smartsource.com and print the $10 off Litter Genie coupon. Until Dec. 24, it is on sale at Petco for $15.99. So the final price before tax is $5.99. BUT if you used the adoption coupon Dec. 1-2 for $5 off $25, you only need to buy $2.01 more to get the addition $5 off. WOW moment of getting it for $0.99 & $2.01 of other stuff. If you are think about it, DO IT & GET Dec. 1-2 !!!!!

happy dance cheer happy dance

http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_storeadoptions_Nav_114.asp x?cm_mmc=pf-_-NAW-_-banners-_-lola300x250
[notify]

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8