GO!

Kitten Left After Family Moved Out

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Mon Mar 4, '13 1:57pm PST 
So my neighbors moved out of the apartment and from what I gather were just going to leave the kitten outside! I live in Wisconsin and it's WINTER right now so if it's cold for me then it's going to be cold for a cat especially one that is only 5 or 6 months old! Another neighbor family has taken her in but they already have 3 cats and all are under 1 years old! I'd take her in for a little bit but she has ear mites and I don't want Belle to catch them. My neighbor that has her right now gave her some of her cats ear mites medicine because they are just getting over having them. She's understandably very scared right now. My friends Uncle might be interested but I doubt it. The humane society charges $75-$80 for surrendering intact cats and that would most likely mean that my neighbors that took her in would have to pay to surrender her. I guess I'm just asking what we should do or what anyone who has been in this situation has done?
[notify]

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 9:40am PST 
UPDATE: As figured my friends Uncle doesn't want a female cat. The neighbor put up a posting last night and is asking $20.00 for an adoption fee to ensure Phantom (originally named Bear but apparently likes Phantom better since she answers to that now and not Bear.)
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 5:12pm PST 
There is no shortage of crappy people in this world, that would move out and leave their kitten behind, much less in the winter. I just want to kick them. The cat probably would have had an awful life with them, it wasn't even spayed. Maybe you can contact a rescue and explain the situation, maybe they can take one more cat in? Sometimes veterinarians will have a facebook page and they will allow you to post the cats picture and info in hopes of it getting adopted. I already have 3 cats, plus a feral that I feed and sort of take care of, and the third one was supposed to be a foster until I found him a home, but we fell in love with him and kept him. I hope the kitty has some luck soon and finds a furever home. And hopefully the ear mites will clear up soon. I have not had to deal with those. Best of luck, and all I can say is, I believe in karma, and hopefully crappy people like this get what they deserve.
[notify]

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Fri Mar 8, '13 7:53pm PST 
Phantom FOUND A HOME! She went to a couple of really nice girls. She didn't even hiss when they held her so it was meant to be!dancing
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Sat Mar 9, '13 5:15am PST 
Yeah, I'm so happy!!!!
[notify]