GO!

Please help me bring my cat home

This is a special section for cats needing new homes and for inspiring stories of cats that have found their furever home through Catster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of cat! If you are posting about a cat that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Catster's cat adoption center!

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 8:22pm PST 
I wish you the best of luck - and bless you for saving this kitty.
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '13 11:50am PST 
I dont think this is allowed on Catster, better check with Admin/headquarters. Soliciting for money or donations is a no-no unless approved. Could be a scam so beware catsters and hold on to your buck. If this person is a teacher and has a partner and they are both in china Im sure they can afford a plane ticket home for their beloved kitty. Stop scamming cat lovers.

Edited by author Thu Jan 24, '13 11:57am PST

[notify]

Zuma

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '13 4:43pm PST 
I completely understand why you would assume this to be a scam, really, I do. I tried to find rules and regulations regarding posts of this kind on Catster, to see if it was allowed, but I have found nothing. My partner and I work two days a week, at a very small Private English school in a rural town. Some teachers in China make a lot of money, upwards of a thousand dollars a month while the cost of living is minuscule. This lends to a huge possible savings. But this is definitely not my situation. And while I do think its wonderful looking our for cat lovers to be sure they're no taken advantage of, this is certainly not what I'm doing. I'm really trying to find a way to get my cat home. I've had cats most of my life, and it's heartbreaking seeing their situation in China, that's why I rescued Zuma. If I am unable to earn enough to send my cat home, any and all donations I am able to accrue will be returned as I have no interest in scamming people out of their money.

Thank you for looking out for the world of cat lovers, I am one.
[notify]

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '13 8:02pm PST 
Zuma, you need to contact Headquarters for an OK. To see all the rules of Catster, click on Community Guidelines at the bottom of this page.

Guidelines quote: "We wish we could help everyone in the world, but for safety reasons, Catster cannot allow for the public solicitation of charity or donations unless verified and approved by Catster HQ. You may obtain a Fundraising Request form by sending an email to fundraisingrequest@dogster.com"

Sterling,
Catster Forums Moderator

Zuma

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 6:31pm PST 
I am truly sorry to the Catster community for not going through the right channels. When I was looking for guidelines, I did not look at the bottom of the page where they are listed. I have contacted the appropriate party and await their response. Again, I am sorry, cat lovers, for intruding in this fashion.
[notify]