GO!

Kitten going off raw?

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Luna

Purred: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:41am PST 
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been posted before:

My kittens have been on a raw food diet since i 9 weeks, they are nearly 4 months now. All of a sudden they seem to be getting picky with their raw bones and meat? Has anyone else experienced this before? they used to gobble it up, but now they kind of look at it walk away, realise thats it and the pick at it? i know they are hungry cos its feeding time and they come and ask food but i havent changed anything. and i dont think one of them is getting enough bone now, cos im finding runny poos frown whats going on?
[notify]

Amber

I didn't do it!

Purred: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:03am PST 
If a cat has a bad experience with a food, ie they regurgitate after eating it or a bone shard causes mouth pain, sometimes it will cause a food aversion. Has your cat recently been sick or presenting with any oral issues? Was the cat startled while eating by a loud noise or has anything about the feeding area changed that may make the cats want to stay away from it?
[notify]

BK

Ambassador at- the Kitty U.N.

Purred: Sat Jan 26, '13 7:48am PST 
What type of raw are you feeding? If you're only giving one protein source is it possible that they're just tired of it? Have you tried some variety?
[notify]

Jimmy

Purred: Thu Jan 31, '13 11:08pm PST 
Take it easy, the cat eat different thing as the season temperature and wet . puppypuppy
[notify]

Rumpy Bump- Stumpnots

I am the Cat of- Cats!

Purred: Wed Feb 6, '13 7:31am PST 
Maybe a little topping to add zest. A bit of forti flore or maybe a nice bit of liver?

I will not eat raw but do need to eat home made cooked to keep my poopies from running.
[notify]