GO!

Nature's Variety raw bison NOT complete diet

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your cat's diet, please contact your vet!

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sat Jan 12, '13 6:08pm PST 
Nature's Variety's frozen bison raw food, both the medallions and the patties, is NOT a complete diet for cats shock We just saw this on the Nature's Variety web site, http://www.instinctpetfood.com//product/instinct-grain-free-raw-frozen-bison-diet-1-oz-medallions-48-count

Complete & Balanced for Dogs,
Supplemental for Cats
Nature's Variety® Instinct® Raw Bison Formula provides complete and balanced nutrition for dogs of all life stages and is comparable in nutritional adequacy to a product which has been substantiated by AAFCO feeding tests. For cats, this product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.

It doesn't say why though shrug The taurine content is lower than the other formulas so maybe that's probably why thinkingshrug Not sure why they can't just add a taurine supplement so that the food is a complete diet for all cats shrug

All of the other Nature's Variety frozen raw formulas are complete diets way to go
[notify]

Daisy Angel

Pretty girl!

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 1:28pm PST 
Thanks for letting us know Merlin. We've had that before, but it wasn't our favorite. That is strange it's not a complete diet.

We are currently eating Nature's Variety Duck Raw Bites and we all like them a lot. The Bites are great for cats. We take our daily portion out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge for a few hours, add warm water a few minutes before meal time (we won't eat it cold), add some Raw Daily Boost Powder, stir, and chow.

I'm doing so well I'm taking a break from Zyrtec, as my allergies aren't an issue.
[notify]

Aslan

The cat with- freckles

Purred: Sun Apr 14, '13 12:02am PST 
Thank you for the information!
[notify]