GO!

my boyfriend 'hates' cats

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Slyvy

I will rule the- world right- after a nap

Purred: Tue Apr 3, '12 1:27pm PST 
It's funny, he's always talked about how much he dislikes cats but I don't see it. His family has two cats but their less family and more pets. They act like it too, their not that affectionate and only come inside to eat or sleep.

I have a cat who is family and she knows it. Actually, she thinks she's the Queen and I'm her handmaid.

I find it amusing that even in the beginning of the relationship he'd say "I hate cats" as he's petting her and coddling her.

We've since moved in and the two of them get along great. They cuddle all the time and Slyvy greets him at the door.

When I had a broken arm, she ran out of wet food. I was going to wait and get the food the next day when we had a ride to the store-his car broke down-. She had dry food and a night without wet wouldn't kill her.
Nope, Brian didn't want her to go hungry. We both knew she'd put on a mini hunger strike-for all of a few hours-to get her wet food.
So he walks 4 miles to get wet food.

How can he still say he hates cats?
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri Apr 6, '12 10:46am PST 
What a sweet story! Obviously, he doesn't hate your cat!
[notify]

Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Fri Apr 6, '12 3:12pm PST 
He sounds like he likes people to think he hates cats, but doesn't, really. We think he sounds ok....
[notify]

Alexander,- Dreamboat- #110

I am really a- lap dog in- disguise.

Purred: Mon Apr 9, '12 2:30am PST 
My DH tells people that cats are good to eat......He is kidding. He and Alex are bonded so closely that Alex chooses to lay on top on him every night. Alex loves to cuddle with him. The guys like to make noises about not liking cats but they do. They think that it is more acceptable to like dogs than cats....Ignore his comments and they will end. Don't make a big deal about them. I think that they hate telling people about what they would do for a cat like go out at night to get them their cat food.....Thank him for getting the food but don't make any reference to his comment about hating them.....ok?
[notify]

Jane, Lydia- & Mary- Bennett

Purred: Mon Apr 9, '12 8:05am PST 
Sounds like he might think it was not "manly" to like cats. But, if he walked four miles to buy wet food for you cat, he certainly likes cats and cares a great deal about you. I was afraid when I saw the title of this post it was similar to one where the boyfriend wanted the girlfriend to get rid of her cats.

Two paws up to this guy for making such an effort. As another poster said, don't make a big deal of his "hating" cats. Sounds like he is coming around to the "Wonderful World of Being Owned by Cats".

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Lady

the queen

Purred: Sun Apr 15, '12 9:06am PST 
sounds like a guy thing, this is a coming from a guy with four kitties, aka- dadcat. the mancho thing is big dogs not small little furry demonslaugh out loud. 3/4 of mine are strays, felt sorry for them, the last one my ex-g/f got from a shelter. i kept all four after things ended, so, yes, you can be a man and have kitties.
[notify]

Egon &- Astrid

Life is made for- loving.

Purred: Wed Apr 18, '12 1:48pm PST 
Guys are weird! A few months ago my boyfriend was "fed up" and said, "Get rid of them all!"

I said no. Pets are my family, and I love them. I knew he wouldn't, so I told him, "If you really want, you can rehome Astrid, since she's yours."

By which I mean, if we ever split up, Astrid would go with him.

I even told him of a person my dad works with who just had to euthanise his old, spoiled kitty. He hemmed and hawed, and decided not to. "Egon would be so lonely!"

He gave me excuses as to why he "couldn't" rehome Astrid. But it boils down to, he loves cuddling her, spoiling her, and petting her, and the attention she gives back.

I think he doth protest too much!
[notify]

max

here to help

Purred: Wed Apr 18, '12 5:12pm PST 
sounds like someone told him kittys are for girls. remind him only real men take care of those who cant take care of themselves. what man is sexier than one holding a kitten?
[notify]

Sunshine

princess

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 1:29am PST 
its a guy thing my dad was the same way claimed to hate cats but we caught him many times bribing cats to cuddle with him and as soon as he was caught he would say oh that darn cat just jumped on here when we had been watching him the whole time he just didnt know it
[notify]

Colby Jack

Cheese Cat

Purred: Sun Apr 29, '12 6:14pm PST 
My guy also claims to hate cats. He is allergic to them and he claims they do nothing. But he has already nicknamed Colby, plays with him, and talks to him in kitty talk. He's also the only male (besides my dad and brothers) that Colby actually likes. wink
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2