GO!

Sad about big cats

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of cats. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Thu Oct 20, '11 8:55pm PST 
Emma that sounds amazing for your mom! What a gift that is. My mom once rode an elephant at an animal park at a beach here in our state. She's since really against those places btw. But when she got on that elephant, she said she connected with him so much she wanted to cry. She got on his back, she rubbed his ear gently and told him she wished she could set him free back in the wild. She told him she respected him and just wanted to be close to him. He wrapped his trunk around her leg, turned her head and looked up at her with such adoration it was stunning even the trainer. He rubbed her leg with his trunk, let out a little trumpet sound after and gently started walking off with her before the trainer could even nudge him. Mom has always had the "whisperer" touch with animals. That day was a precious gift to mom, she'll never forget it. Since then she's hated circuses and anything like that.

And yes, Tippi Hendren's place is wonderful and that's where any exotic and wild animal should be if it can't be in the wild. way to go
[notify]

BRUCE (THE- BOSS)

Born to Run &- Born to Moo Boo

Purred: Fri Oct 21, '11 9:53am PST 
Heartbreaking frown

Mum can even bring herself to read the news reports or the posts here, it's far too sad.

hug

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Fri Oct 21, '11 11:10am PST 
I know Bruce, it's horrible and it's really got to change.
[notify]

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Fri Oct 21, '11 3:31pm PST 
@Lacey--MOL, immigration laws seem to have changed in Japan, and we foreign nationals are now allowed to sign petitions. In fact, that seems to have been the case for quite some time now, but nobody told me!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2