GO!

Grooming Question and Help with Cat Shedding.

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

Purred: Wed Oct 17, '12 7:01pm PST 
I feed my two girls premium cat food, and they are still shedding like mad. They are found to be healthy and I am doing everything right along with trying to get them off dry food and strictly canned food. However, this cat hair thing is driving me insane. I have cat hair all over the place. My clothes, my coats, my bed. Everywhere. I vacuum once a week and groom them once a week as well although they dislike the grooming. I have a few questions that need answering.

1. How many times do I need to vacuum my entire apartment to prevent the cat hair from shedding all over my house? I mean its floating in the air even. I have a humidifier as well that doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

2. Grooming. How many times a week do I need to groom my cats? They don't like the grooming sessions, and I use the zoom groom because they ran from the Furminator.

3. When I am grooming the cats it seems like its a never ending cycle. When do I stop grooming them? How do I know when to stop ?

Thanks!
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu Nov 15, '12 1:15pm PST 
There will always be shedding. It is normal. It will get worse usually seasonal. The wet food should help some. They do have sprays, but they are not a full solution and grooming will depend on long or short hair. Long hair I would say brush every day if possible. Short hair prob 1 or 2 times a week. I use the furminator, and a cat slicker brush. I have several of the sticky rolls, and they are put to good use. I have a lint type brush that I use on the couch. I sweep all the time. It is just part of owning a cat. I have 4, and sometimes I could probably build another cat out of the hair around here, but I wouldn't trade any of them for anything.
[notify]