GO!

best cat hair brush?

Good grooming practices are essential for maintaining health and happiness for you and your cat. This is a forum to exchange tips and advice for proper care of your cat's hygiene needs.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Finnegan- (Finney)

I am a- CARNIVORE! Not a- Cornivore!

Purred: Sat Nov 13, '10 3:08pm PST 
We use a Safari Slicker brush. It's got very fine bristles and they aren't sharp at all but not too dull either. And once a month we get the Furminator! I have superfine hair too and didn't shed much at all until I got to be about 1 1/2. Then POOF! FLOOF everywheres.
[notify]

Tabitha

Bridge to- Terabithia,- fairy princess

Purred: Mon Nov 15, '10 3:26pm PST 
Hi Baby Girl,
The Furminator is the best, hands down, for short-haired cats. Its got a shedding blade, so it gets the undercoat as well. There are lots of deals right now on Amazon, Petsmart, etc.

Also, heard lots of good things about Zoom Groom as the previous poster mentioned.

Thirdly, its worth mentioning that a cat's diet has a lot to do with shedding. All of us are on grain-free food (right now, Wellness) which is the next best thing to raw food, and when people come over, they are amazed at how little we shed, how silky and soft our hair is, and how shiny our coats look- they literally gleam!

I defurminate the kitties once a week, but I get very little hair. Its crucial as Meowm and Pawp have allergies, but love us, hair and allsmile
[notify]

Mac's Cat

I am what is- called, a- recycled Cat!

Purred: Fri Nov 19, '10 6:29pm PST 
as Meowma was a former groomer, she and we all love the Zoom Groom!Mom wishes it was around when she was grooming. The furmnator pulls to much and if it gets dropped, it may brake. Plus you can not use it wet. As we also have 3 of those big slobbery dogs at home, she needs one she can use in the tub. But with that being said, she does have an attachment for the Pet Vac that is a Furmator, and that works well with that. Just it can shave or fray the hair and cause split ends.
The Zoom Groom is cheaper, but like with almost any pet store, you can take it back if you are not satisfied.
Good luck and it is your choice. Please let us know what you decide.
Meowma uses the Zoom Groom and a rake or a greyhound comb on me.
[notify]

Penn & Teller

Masters of The- Multiverse

Purred: Sun Jan 2, '11 9:27pm PST 
We have a Zoom Groom, pulls out too much hair but we tolerate it fine. Miss Edith bit momma though when the zoom groom passed her way!
[notify]

Purred: Wed Feb 20, '13 9:16pm PST 
Yeah Even I agree Zoom groom is good brush and even soft,well their are even many more hair brushes in market,you can even them Once a try.
Socks Distributors
[notify]

Lady

Purred: Sun Mar 24, '13 6:33pm PST 
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/studio-35-beauty-pro-wave-brush/ID= prod6017805-product

This is the best normal brush I have found, Its a human brush from walgreens and it does wonders for controlling my shedding!smile
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Mon Mar 25, '13 4:49pm PST 
I love the furminator, but I do not use it all the time, just occasionally. But I get so much out of my cats when I use it. The cats don't seem to mind it at all. And the are soooo soft after I've gotten a bunch of old fur out of them. I even use it on my doberman and you would not believe what I get off of that dog, old dead, dandruffy skin and hair. It is also great at cleaning a cat tree!
[notify]

Fuggles

Purrs like a- Harley

Purred: Fri May 31, '13 5:03am PST 
My kitten hasn't started shedding a lot of hair as he's still growing his full coat. But I find giving him a brush with a flea comb is effective for picking up those loose hairs. It keeps his fur baby soft and matt free. And the bonus of a flea comb is ensuring his coat isn't hiding any nasties

Like I always say to Fuggles, 'Time for brushie brushie!'
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri May 31, '13 1:37pm PST 
My mom uses the Furminator on me and my sisfurs.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2