GO!

Just diagnosed with HCM and my owner is terrified

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4  
Mutzi (now- in heaven)

Purred: Mon Jan 9, '12 10:36pm PST 
Hi there! Mom's been out of town, so she didn't have much of a chance to get on Catster lately. I've been getting my meds daily from her nice roommate, who I like very much (though I don't like the meds!). Mom came home to discover an ulcer in my mouth that is very red and inflamed. She is upset about taking me to the vet for the fifth time in two months. I'm not very happy about it, either!

To answer your questions:
I am free-fed, since Mom has musician's hours and a very weird schedule.
I do NOT like the carrier. She has tried putting in soft blankets and treats, but I see past it and don't want to get in. I always know when I am going to be put in there. The best way Mom has found is to put the carrier in the bathroom, then carry me into the bathroom and close the door (there is no bed for me to hide under in the bathroom). Then she puts me inside as gently as possible, head first with the carrier sitting normally on the floor. Once I get in, I get very scared, and try to claw the metal cage fiercely. I am usually slightly calmer once inside the carrier, though I will meow once in a while. On the last trip to the vet, I peed in my carrier on the way there and on the way home. It was my fourth trip to the vet and I was very upset!

Mom is now worried about this lesion, which might require yet more medicine, which I will definitely NOT want to take! I don't like the liquid atenolol, so she's trying to get me medicine treats instead. Hopefully those will taste better!
[notify]

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4