GO!

Difficult transition

This is a special place for cats to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give a "get well purr" and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Max

Purred: Sat Jul 9, '11 11:33pm PST 
Farah and I moved back in with our Dad on Friday (July 8th) because our mom couldn't take us with her when she moved.

Farah seems ok adjusting but I am having none of it!

Moving is very scary for me and I don't want to be seen or touched or messed with until I am ready to leave my hiding place!

These things are really hard for me because I am a feral cat. I domesticated alright but I'm still wild and moving is bad enough without changing people too! I have not seen my dad much since he had to leave us with mom about a year ago for work.
Now that dad is back in town, he should be able to take good care of us but I am scared and upset!

Lily (mom) and Locke (dad) aren't used to feral cats like me and my behavior is very upsetting for them. Plus, mom didn't want to give us up at all and is really sad.

My parents, Farah and I could really use some purrs right now.

[notify]

Bella My- Beautiful- Angel

Mommys Kitty- Girl! I know- I\'m loved!

Purred: Sun Jul 10, '11 5:02am PST 
Dear Max,
When we first moved here, I was miserable. I hated every moment of it. It didn't help that there was a new cat to adjust to, and back at 'the house' I had my own room. Here I have to share.
With time, it's been over a year now, I've ajdusted. Of course, if it were up to me, I would rather have my room back, and my own space with none of the others. But for the Now, I have adjusted.
Max, we may adjust slowly, but we do. Might I suggest to your dad that he keep things as close to the way your mom had them for you? Tell him that for some cats, COMPOSURE (it can be gotten from the vets office in treat form or liquid form) seems to work very well. My mom rubs rescue remedy on my ears. It does seem to help, as well as fresh catnip and catnip toys.

Purrs go out to you. We also 'came in from the cold' and as a result, some of us are more nervous than others.
[notify]

Max

Purred: Fri Jul 22, '11 1:09pm PST 
Thank you, Bella. We all appreciate the response. I have been doing much better with dad and mom visits pretty often. I'm still very nervous and rather irritated mad but I'm more comfortable now.
I think that eventually, I will be my "old self" again.
Thank you for the support, suggestions and kind words. =^..^=
[notify]