GO!

Kitten not eating dry food like she used too.

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Pandora

Purred: Thu Mar 7, '13 6:25am PST 
Thanks, I have one question. Would it be healthy to switch brands every now and then or stick with something she seems to like?
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Thu Mar 7, '13 4:10pm PST 
I would pick a chicken one as the base and then you can add other flavor to give her a variety in a rotating diet. There are other poulty ones to be tried slowly like turkey, quail, duck, and pheasant. Then you can try ones with rabbit, beef, lamb, pork, venison, buffalo, brushtail or salmon. Get a note book and write detailed notes of like and dislikes, prices and where you bought them. Slow is better on the non poulty ones.

We tried buffalo today. Two of the cats loved it. In two weeks, we will try another flavor.
[notify]

Pandora

Purred: Fri Mar 8, '13 3:19am PST 
Hmm, I found at least one brand (Blue Buffalo) that is carried in my town but they don't have any of the kitten lines. Can starting her on adult food now hurt her? I'm pretty sure she's 8 months.
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Fri Mar 8, '13 7:07pm PST 
The kitten ones have more fat. So an adult wet food is better than dry kitten food.

No Petco's intown? They have Merrick, Nature's Variety, Natural Balance, Soulistic to name a few. And $5 off $25 this weekend. Brownie likes BG5. Try the Merrick chicken pot pie. I have to add water to most of the canned foods. A few drops here and there make the wet food so much better. Mind you, it is not soup!

http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_storeadoptions_Nav_114.a spx?cm_mmc=pf-_-NAW-_-banners-_-lola300x250

What about a few holistic petfood stores??? These kind of store have more of the unique proteins. Google for a few of them in your area. I'd help you but you did not list the city you are by. If all fails, you could buy some online. One of the Catster members orders By Nature chicken canned food this way. My girls's breeder orders the Chicken Soup for the Soul. There lot of nice pate ones without gluten out there. Now the fun of reading all the ingredient labels.
[notify]

Pandora

Purred: Sun Mar 10, '13 7:14am PST 
Whoops, I was totally wrong! We do have one pet store, Petsmart. It wasn't listed at all on the Blue Buffalo site for where to find it. However, yesterday I made a run to Petsmart for other kitty things and decided to check the cat food section and they had all the lines! I didn't buy them just yet as I had already spent quite a bit on the kitty. They also carry Wellness so I'll probably try those two brands out.

It's funny you mention a holistic pet store. I'm already aware of one a few town's over which isn't much of a drive. I have yet to check it out but I will soon!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2