GO!

Difference between regular and hairball formula?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '13 9:09pm PST 
So, I asked someone to get my cats some canned food, and of course they got the wrong thing. Same brand (Chicken Soup), but in "hairball" formula.

Is there any reason not to feed it to my cats anyway?

One of them has a sensitive bladder and once had a urinary blockage. I'm always afraid to give him anything new.
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 5:13pm PST 
So the item in most hairball food is fiber. In the Diamond food you listed is powdered cellulose. That is wood pulp. If you compare the two cans, the hairball one has more fiber and fewer calories. There should be no issue to feed it to your cats. They also added cellulose to some weight management foods.

Here is a link on cellulose to read up on it. http://www.petfoodindustry.com/2376.html
[notify]