GO!

Merlin yew thayah!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Sat Dec 15, '12 8:16pm PST 
Mommy went to Pet World Friday & came across some new Grain - Free canned foods.

I'd like to know what your thoughts are about this food! thinking

I bought just 1 small can of the
Chicken & Pumpkin Samba!

I've enclosed the link to get there from heyah!

Merlin & all furriends if you've tried it, I would like your thoughts & kind opinions!

Thank yew furriends!

It's late, way past Mommy's beddy by time, I'll check back tomorrow, okay?

Luv & kisses,
♥Kally Kat♥

Click on green link!

New grain free foods
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 6:38am PST 
It looks good, Kally Kat applause How much did a can cost? The web site says the cans are 2.8 oz each shock Not a full 3 oz can size like other brands. That's kind of a rip off - you get less food for the about same price as any other 3 oz can confused Is the Chicken and Pumppkin Samba in gravy or just the cooking liquid?
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 3:47pm PST 
Hi Merlin wave

I opened the 2.8oz of the Chicken Samba & Pumpkin, was pleased to see all tender white chicken & small pieces of Pumpkin & sauce, no gravy at all, just sauce!

Gosh, Kally Kat ate it so fast & loved it.
She likes chicken for her favorite foods!

Now, without my realizing, it was $1.59 a can shock it's pricey, but all meat & sauce. Maybe I can get it from time to time.

You know Merlin's Mom, a lot of the other Premium cat food Co are putting less meat & more gravy, & peas I counted 6 pieces one day!
This really annoys me. red face

I never buy a case of any canned foods as I live nearby so many Pet stores.
Pet World really stocks the newest & really great products!

I'm still giving her Stella & Chewy freeze dried meals, she really loves those!

Thank you Merlin Angel's Mommy for your time, interest & great support!

Luv yew,
Kally Kat flowers

BTW, I haven't seen any Cat food coupons from Nature's Variety juss dog food!
[notify]

*Poof*

Purred: Sun Dec 16, '12 5:25pm PST 
Kally Kat, is there any calorie information on the can? thinking
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 11:47am PST 
Mew mews Merlin & Mom,

Mommy wrote a letter to that Co. for more information on the Calorie count & more!

How much smaller do they have to make the canned foods to? shrug

Will let ya know what they say as I expect an answer!

At the very least, Kally Kat loved it & wanted more, but as always you start out with a little portion when it comes to new foods!

Thanks for your time & support! way to go

Time for a nappy since it's all iced outside & no birds to bark at!!

kitty
[notify]

ZOEY

Growing up with - TORTITUDE

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 2:52pm PST 
wave Hi!!

We also emailed the company about the calories in the Chicken Pumpkin Samba. Mom noticed that they recommended 1 can for a 10lb cat. And this is only a 2.8 oz can. Mom just heard back from them so a fast response which is a good sign.

"Thank you for contacting Against The Grain Pet Foods and for your interest in our fine pet foods. The Chicken and Pumpkin Samba for cats 2.8oz can has 252 Kcals per can. We are currently updating our website to this information.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact myself at anytime.

Sincerely,

Brett Sher
ATG Pet Food"

That is alot of calories for a small can! Sounds tasty but too many calories for us. We don't even eat that many in one day!
[notify]

*Poof*

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 4:56pm PST 
If you follow the 20 to 25 calories per pounda of ideal body weight rule, an average 10 pound cat should have between 200 and 250 calories per day. These Against the Grain cans defintely have a bit more calories than most cats need shrug I suppose you could split the can into two meals but most people will feed an entire can twice a day or so. That's over 400 calories per day for a cat shock
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Mon Dec 17, '12 6:20pm PST 
Hi Zoey & Merlin! shock that's a lot of calories.....

A 10.lb cat I don't think 1 can a day would be enough?
So, this is a once in a while treat..

Kally Kat has maintained her weight at about 10 lbs to 9½ lbs for that past 5 years or more. She is 10 years old now!

I'm sure I will hear from the company too!

One would need a magnifying glass to get those tiny prints for us to read! laugh out loud

I really appreciate the great feedback from this Food & Nutrition Forum!

Our furriends, are always there for us when we need a litta more nutritional support.

Thank you Merlin & Zoey! big hug we luvs ya!

Kally Kat & Mom Liz
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Fri Dec 21, '12 11:33am PST 
Hi Merlin,Zoey & all furrs wave

Mom Liz heyah,

I received this e - mail from the owner of the food company & had contacted earlier, I have added my 10¢ worth!! big grin

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for contacting Against The Grain Pet Foods and for your interest in our fine pet foods.

We are a very new company and have been updating our site and still have some work to do. Soon we will have the calorie content included on all on our formulas and I also put in a request to change the text color because it is difficult to see.

Thank you for notifying us of that.

We made the decisions to use a 2.8oz can because this is the industry standard can.

On average, the average cat would eat exactly one can of this food and while the rim of the can is farther out to allow the food to fall out of the food with out getting caught on the rim from the EZO lid. eek (Mommy heyah) some cats are fed right out of the can, with very sharp edges!

Also this is an aluminum can instead of a steel can because aluminum is a more abundant element and the cans are BPA free.
We put a lot of thought in to the cans themselves along with everything else. Unfortunately.
I do not have any Coupons because we never had time to design them.

We have a lot of work to do so but we will get to the point to have all information you request available and be able to accommodate more request.

Again thank you for being a customer and hope your cat truly enjoys our foods.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact myself at anytime.

Sincerely,

Brett Sher
ATG Pet Food

847-537-0102

Sorry for the long post reply, Mommy's such a chatty litta Momkatt! big hug
[notify]