GO!

Has anyone ever fed their cat Pure Vita Grain Free Cat Food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your cat's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your kitty!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster's choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 3:08pm PST 
Hi Kally Katwave the canned looks pretty good. Its only concerning that the potato is the third ingredient, so that means that there is quiet a bit of it. Not sure why they have to add Tomato pumice, geesh!!shrug
As for the dry food of this brand I agree with Shade about the Menadione

"Knowing that a pet food company would opt for synthetic ingredient in contrast to a natural ingredient is bad enough, but it takes one step further on the 'bad scale' with Menadione Sodium Bisulfate. This ingredient can be highly toxic in high doses. Hazard information regarding menadione lists "carcinogenic effects" and states "the substance is TOXIC to KIDNEYS, LUNGS, LIVER, MUCOUS MEMBRANES. REPEATED or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce TARGET ORGANS DAMAGE." http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Menadionesodiumbisulfite-9924604
Mo re information on menadione sodium bisulfate and pets can be read at:
http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=menadione

With the science based information available on this ingredient, there is no sound reason for menadione to be considered as a pet food or pet treat ingredient; that is other than a big money saver for a pet food company. AAFCO and the FDA have no restrictions to the use of menadione in pet foods, and the pet food can even proudly claim 'Natural' on the label even if it contain this un-natural ingredient. Look at the fine print of your pet's food and treats for menadione; sources of natural vitamin K (alfalfa and kelp) seem to be a far better option
[notify]

♥Kall- y- Kat♥

☆Diva- on- Demand☆

Purred: Wed Feb 29, '12 6:10pm PST 
Hello again furriends, wave

Shadow thank you for your sound advice along with Bumpurr's too! way to go

I'm constantly learning as I go along like so many other concerned pawrents.

I was told that the top (4) best dry foods for grain - free was,
1, Orijen
2, Acana
3, Fromm
4, Addiction

All in all there are others too. Kally Kat only eats about 2 TB per day. Mostly all wet canned grain - free.

I hope Sugar that started this thread has had good luck
with the dry grain - free formula of Pure Vita!

Every now & then I try a new grain - free canned food, but it doesn't take the place of what she usually eats. Her Tiki, Weruva, BW, EVO 95%
Avoderm all grain - free.

Ingredients
Turkey, Turkey Broth, Potato Starch, Tomato Paste, Guar Gum, Calcium Sulfate, Taurine, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Betaine, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

Guaranteed Analysis

US Metric
Crude Protein (Min.) 9.0% 90g/kg
Crude Fat (Min.) 5.5% 55g/kg
Crude Fiber (Max.) 1.5% 15g/kg
Moisture (Max.) 82.0% 820g/kg
Ash (Max.) 1.9% 19g/kg
Magnesium (Max.) 0.025% .25g/kg
Taurine (Max.) 0.1% 1g/kg
Kcal/kg = 167

Good luck & be well all furriends! big hug
[notify]

Sugar

... and spice- and everything- nice!

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '12 11:56pm PST 
Hey All, I'm happy to report that Sugar is still eating Pure Vita. I highly recommend it. She is very healthy, and this cat food helps maintain her weight. What I like about this cat food is the single source of Protein and she seems to respond to it very nicely.
[notify]

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 1:38pm PST 
I've been feeding 'Pure Vita' to both my cats for over a year. Surprisingly, to me, they prefer the chicken to the salmon. But, either way, they have done very well on the food and I am a happy repeat customer.
[notify]

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 10:04am PST 
I started feeding my two seniors and one juvenile the Pure Vita Chicken kibble and they love it. The litter box doesn't stink the way it used to and there's been no vomiting at all. I find the cats are happier and more calm. I love this food, which I found by accident at a local specialty shop for pets. I'm getting the canned food next month. I order via wag.com or chewy.com (a little cheaper), but the food goes a long way. They don't eat 24/7 because they're getting the nutrition they need and it's wholesome instead of full of fillers.
[notify]

Purred: Fri Feb 21, '14 3:45pm PST 
No longer shows any menadione.

http://www.nutrisourcedogfood.com/purevita/grain_free

Ingredients

Chicken, chicken meal, peas, pea flour, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried egg product, natural flavor, yeast extract, pea protein, pea starch, pea fiber, dried brewers yeast, tomato pomace, phosphoric acid, salt, potassium chloride, DL methionine, carrots, sunflower oil, minerals (iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, cobalt proteinate), cranberries, apricots, cherries, taurine, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite, mineral oil, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate), turmeric, dried chicory root, vitamins (vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), ascorbic acid (source of vitamin C), choline chloride, inositol, yucca schidigera extract, glutamic acid, rosemary extract, yeast culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation product, dried Bacillus subtillis fermentation product.
[notify]

Savannah cat

Purred: Tue Mar 18, '14 6:52am PST 
Hi every one i own savannah cat and i serve her whatever she likes. Vita Grain free is great to feed cat as she likes sit too
way to go
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2