GO!

Looking for multiple cat carrier

This forum is dedicated to places that people and cats can enjoy together. If you want to travel, sight-see, or just go around town with your cat, then you've come to the right place! Don't forget to plan a visit to Catster's Pet-Friendly Travel Area! Book travel and support Catster.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Rebel

I'm the ruler of- the house!!

Purred: Mon Feb 6, '12 7:18am PST 
I have 3 cats and usually only 1 goes to the vet at a time but recently I have had to take 2 of them at once. I'm the only caretaker so it was difficult for me to get the cat carriers into the vet office. I was wondering if anyone makes a stackable cat carrier or a push carrier like a baby stroller that would house 2 cats? Would appreciate any input as well.
[notify]

QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Mon Feb 6, '12 6:15pm PST 
When I have to take more than one cat in, I usually use my pet stroller. I have a Pet Gear stroller and a Petzip one. Just make sure if you buy one that it is big enough for two cats.
[notify]

Linus- (Dreamboat- #72a)

So many toys, so- little time.

Purred: Mon Feb 6, '12 9:15pm PST 
I have a stroller that the cats and I love, and second that recommendation.

You might also try a Sturdi Bag They come in large and extra large divided carriers for two cats or small dogs.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Tue Feb 7, '12 3:56am PST 
I agree with Linus, I have a SturdiBag for Hunter.

I bought the x-large for Hunter and I'm glad I did. I don't have the one thats divided for two cats. I do want to mention if you go the SturdiBag route, look at the physical size of your kitties. I haven't looked, but hopefully they're full grown. I bought Hunters a little after he was a year old. I didn't think he'd grow, but he did. The x-large suits him, but just barely. I think if he would to grow more, I might have to go the dog crate route. If your cats are physically large like Hunter is, the SturdiBag might not work for you.

The SturdiBags are great, I'm not knocking them down or anything. I love mine and glad I bought it when I did. It suits my lifestyle, and Hunter perfectly. Great quality and I would definitely purchase it again!
[notify]

Bodrouex

all you need is- love

Purred: Tue Feb 7, '12 6:11pm PST 
Meowma is thinking about getting us this double decker stroller to go to shows in, and it's cheap! The 2 carriers come apart to go in the car. Long as I get the top container...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00339H39G/ref=asc_df_B00339H 39G1737703/?tag=askcom05el-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00339H39 G&linkCode=asn

Edited by author Tue Feb 7, '12 6:11pm PST

[notify]

Rory

little red- biscuit head

Purred: Tue Feb 7, '12 6:14pm PST 
But if we don't get the stroller, we will keep doing what we always do, which is ride in carriers stacked on a luggage cart. not as stylish, but works just fine as long as we are tied down with a couple of bungee cords so our crates don't fall off.
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Wed Feb 8, '12 3:16pm PST 
This is what show people use. We have mulitiple carriers and our equipment. The handle folds down, for easy storage, taking it to the show. Mine is a little more elaberate, couldn't find a picture of it, but its along the same lines. I use it, when I take the big Bump, or both kittens at the same time, to the vets, mol. Much easier, than struggling with a big heavy carrier. waveway to gohug

You should be able to find them at like a Walmart, or Home Depot, or similiar such store. I got mine at Kmart.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/material-handling/platfo rm-trucks/folding/folding-platform-trucks-steel-aluminum-decks?ref=t /MH/promo3
[notify]

QGM- Harlequin- (Striped- Seven)

I am a show- champion!

Purred: Thu Feb 9, '12 5:32pm PST 
Bodrouex I would suggest looking up reviews for the stroller, there are a lot of ones out there that just aren't very well made and don't hold up to use.

Bumpurr when I go to shows I just use my pet stroller, I put all the gear in the basket underneath, and fold the stroller up to go under the cage table while we're there.
Oh yeah except for the show cage- that doesn't fit in the stroller, but it's very lightweight so I can just carry it in one hand.
Then again I am usually only showing 2 cats at the most.

Edited by author Thu Feb 9, '12 5:33pm PST

[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Fri Feb 10, '12 4:09am PST 
Bump weighs 17 lbs. His carrier, is a dog carrier, rated for a 30 lb dog. He is a big boy, the carrier allows him to sit up, move around, and strech out and sleep. I travel 6-7 hrs one way, and I want him comfortable. Bump, and that carrier, are very heavy, not going to fit that, in a pet stroller, mol.

At shows, Bump gets the double cage, he barely fits into the single cages. The exhibitors tease me, and say they are going to have to give Bump a double cage, in the judges ring, mol. One clerk, asked, where did you park your horse trailer, mol.

I don't care for the show shelters. I don't think they give the cat enough air, some show halls are on the warm side. I can hang a portable fan from the cage, kinda hard to do, from the show shelter. I also don't think they are very sturdy. Have seen more than a few, figure out how to unzip them, which Bump could figure that out, mol.

For the same reason, I don't think the messhing on the pet strollers are very safe/secure either, g forbid there is a problem. Short of an earthquake, Bump ain't, gettin out of his carrier, mol, mol, mol. laugh out loudwaveway to gohug
[notify]

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Fri Feb 10, '12 1:30pm PST 
If anyone's concerned about their cat unzipping a zipper on a carrier that has two zipper pull tabs (like the Sturdi carriers do), you can get clips to lock the 2 zipper tabs together, so it can't be unzipped until someone with a thumb opens the lock.

Zipper Security Clips

They're probably sold elsewhere, too, but we got ours from Sturdi.

Edited by author Fri Feb 10, '12 1:34pm PST

[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2