GO!

Would like to know her breed(s)

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Neko

Princess

Purred: Thu Mar 28, '13 11:11pm PST 
Hi, I'm very curious to know my cat's (Neko) breed as I adopted her from the RSPCA when she was young and I'm not sure they put her breed(s) on the papers (I have lost them, so I have no way of telling).

There are pictures on her profile here:
http://www.catster.com/cats/1290044

Simply what I have observed is this:
- She is more loyal than any dog I've ever owned.
- Her intelligence is remarkable, for example: She was climbing the walls of a shed and getting in to the roofing area and hunting mice, so we boarded the way she was using to get there. Instead she changed her path to scaling the support beams of the shed so she could still get over there. (She also learnt pretty quickly how to slip her collar so there was no bell and then how to undo the new, non-elastic collar I got her.)
- She is also a very keen hunter of mice and understands the concept of feinting well.
- She displays human-like emotions. Jealousy is the biggest one. She has an issue with me using my phone when she wants attention.
- She isn't overly active, she'll do rounds of the house every few hours and then go back to sleep.
- She is very affectionate and social, but also moody.

If there is any other traits that could identify her I can provide them.

Edited by author Thu Mar 28, '13 11:15pm PST

[notify]

Sunshine - Sweet Angel

Miss Priss

Purred: Mon Apr 22, '13 12:07pm PST 
her coloring is calico (calico is white base with orange, brown, black etc. whereas torti's are a black base with orange, brown, etc. and usually no white - this is just a general rule and we all know there are exceptions to these, lol)

as for a breed, I would venture to say she is a domestic short hair which is defined as "domestic short-haired cat is a cat of mixed ancestry – thus not belonging to any particular recognized cat breed – possessing a coat of short fur." These come in a wide variety of colors and personalities.

I myself am a domestic shorthair calico in color, sweet and smart in disposition.
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Wed Apr 24, '13 5:46pm PST 
She is clearly a calico, love her face markings! She likely has some Siamese or Oriental Shorthair in her background judging by her general head and body type and some of the things you describe about her temperament.
[notify]

Shannara

Biscuit Maker

Purred: Thu Apr 25, '13 7:46pm PST 
In general, calico cats have a disposition called "catitude" which is just how you described her. When I adopted my cats I figured if I was going to get a female to be with 3 males, it had better be a calico. Shannara plays with the boys, cuddles and sleeps with them, but also keeps them in their place. They don't push her around!
way to go

Mikko

Psycho kitty

Purred: Fri Jun 28, '13 6:46pm PST 
I agree with Lacey, definitely Calico. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE her face markings!!!! There is a stray (Don't know for sure though) that I feed everyday, and she is Calico, I call her Cali. Anyway, your a very pretty kitty!!!! big grin
[notify]