GO!

anyone recognize this breed?

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Purred: Tue Mar 12, '13 6:55pm PST 
I was recently watching Cats 101 on Animal Planet, and they featured a breed of cat that is reported to hunt in packs. Additionally, the males help take care of the kittens. The breed originated on an island and is named after that island. I'd never heard of this breed before, and lost the note with the name. Anyone heard of these cats?
[notify]

Irma Thomas

Purred: Wed Mar 13, '13 1:14pm PST 
Sorry we missed this episode, it sounds interesting. I am going to look on the Animal Planet web site and then on "Cats 101" to see if I can find out the name of the breed.

Just wondering if it being a specific breed, it is behavior that grew up through the generations as a survial skill.

Will let you know what we find out.

The New Orleans Kittieswave
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Mon May 13, '13 10:16pm PST 
ive seen a few of the cats 101 episodes. sometimes they feature a region and the native cats. they are not really a breed but a type. they are usually that regions free roaming cats.
[notify]