GO!

Treat jar warning

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '13 8:35pm PST 
My cat nearly died by sticking her head in a hard plastic cat treat jar. If I would not have been home to witness this absolutely insane event Molly would have died of lack of oxygen. She could not breath, and the treat jar was almost suctioned to her head. I first had to use cutco siccors to cut a hole for her to breath. After 10 minutes she was able to catch her breath and relax a little so I was able to twist the jar off her head. Long story short my baby truly almost died playing with her treat jar due to my ignorance. I just want everyone to be a ware of such dangers and I did not know where to post
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 4:41am PST 
That is really scary. Thank you for the warning. I know someone whose puppy died kind of like this. They had used the bottom of a two liter pepsi container as a water bowl and the dog got it stuck on his head and they came home and found him. It was awful. They felt awful. So sad. cry
[notify]