GO!

Catster is Pawticipating in the Cat Writers' Association Conference

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

Catster Cat

Feisty First- Feline!

Purred: Tue Oct 30, '12 3:11pm PST 
Catster Magazine editors Vicky Walker and Keith Bowers are attending the Cat Writers' Association Conference, in Los Angeles on November 1-3, 2012, and will be panelists on two Conference Seminars, the Editors Panel and Transitioning to Web Writing.

Catster writer, JaneA Kelly will also be attending and is a panelist on WordPress 101 & 102: What Every Website Must Have and Using Social Media to Maximize Your Publicity

If you're going to be there, pawlease be sure to say hello and introduce yourself! Catster is always looking for cat writers!

kitty
[notify]

RADDY (my- heart's- darling)

I am still my- Meouwmy's- Beloved....

Purred: Thu Nov 1, '12 4:54am PST 
Dear Catster Cat....I had a little 'cat book' published last year about MEEEEEE...!!!....is there any way that 'The Diary of Grandad Conrad The Magnificent and Revolting' could elbow its way into the conference somewhere? The Meouwmy and I would be happy to sit right at the back......!! Have to say that Miss Janea knows me and can vouch for me......Halloooooo...!! Miss Janea....

Well, just a thought....I (the Great, Magnificent and Revolting Grandad) would be happy, anyway, to distribute a few mousepies to all concerned, to make the conference go with a 'zing'....(best mousepies in the known world)....

ps. Don't worry, I do not expect anything....have to tell you that my book went down like the proverbial 'lead balloon'..(no publicity)..but I was not downhearted....What? Me? The Great Grandad? Downhearted? Nah, it was alright...we made a 'few bob' for the Cats' Protection Society and, to be honest, what more can one hope for?

But, sometimes, in the deep of the night, my Meouwmy dreams of the 'spin-offs' that we could have had made, if my book had taken off...like...oh, I don't know....a little black-cat Grandad toy that you fill with water and then you press its nose and its tail shoots up and it pees everywhere....!!!! Now THAT would be wonderful....you have to admit that that would be wonderful....!!

Well, whatever....hope you all have a really good conference and enjoy yourselves hugely....!!

pps. I am now going off to 'chase leaf skeletons in Autumn gardens and ghost mice in ruined barns'....I'll think of you all at the conference when I catch the REALLY big buggers....!!

All best thoughts to you...

Grandad Conrad (aka Raddy)
[notify]