GO!

I do not recommend the CatIt drinking fountain

This Forum is to meow about the very latest and greatest in the cat world: kitty news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; cat-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Catster, please contact us.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  

Purred: Tue Jan 29, '13 2:34pm PST 
I disagree with this response. I use a filtered water for my Catit Fountain and I haven't had to mess with it since I put it up. When I need to add water I just use a pitcher of filtered water and pour it in. If I need to clean the filter it is a 2 step process that couldn't be easier. My cats love the movement of the water. I've owned other fountains and most of them you can hardly see any movement of water. This is by far the #1 best Cat Fountain I've experienced.
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 11:38am PST 
We can't have a drinking fountain for Coop because little paws love to play in water! I'd have a huge mess!
[notify]

Purred: Tue Oct 29, '13 2:49am PST 
I don't like the filter as when the moment it touches water you would see carbon at the bottom. I don't know if it's dangerous or not for the cats drinking. I'm still using it cause I can't afford another type of fountain at the moment thinking of buying another brand but much expensive than catit
[notify]

Patch

Patch - wallpaper- stripper

Purred: Thu Oct 31, '13 11:24am PST 
Cat mate is a good one if you can get them, I have 2 running as I have 10 cats. Yes they get dirty but you have to clean them like we wash up our own stuff. I find the Cat mate good and yes I have a Catit as a spare.
[notify]

Purred: Mon Mar 24, '14 6:57am PST 
I don't recommend either.
It's an interesting design, but terribly un-thought-through.
Let me put it simply: this water fountain is convincing you to put 2 to 3 litres of water within 1 meter next to the power point, on the floor, where your cats, or maybe you walk, and run around; or on a table, where cats can play with the cable more easily.

I'm an owner of only 2 cats, and been using this for only 2 months and I already experience the followings more than once, by both of them:
- 2L of water onto the floor more than once a month - luckily we didn't get an electric shock (yet);
- one of them don't like the umbrella shaped fountain and the filter, and they like to bite and play with the filter - so permanently off
- the other green 'bracket' is bitten off every second day.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2